Toyota Yaris: Second generation (XP90; 2005–2010)
Toyota redesigned the Yaris in early 2005, going on sale in Japan that February. The Toyota Belta sedan, shares underpinnings with the Yaris. However, while the Vitz was designed at Toyota's European ED design studios, the Belta was designed at their Japanese design studios. While the outgoing Vitz hatchback and Platz sedan look and feel virtually alike, the redesigned Vitz and Belta are more subtly related. The two cars share a frame and the drivetrain components however the sheet metal is different.
- Overview of instruments and controls
- Keys and Doors
- Occupant restraint systems
- Steering wheel and Mirrors
- Lights, Wipers and Defogger
- Gauges, Meters and Service reminder indicators
- Ignition switch, Transmission and Parking brake
- Audio system
- Air conditioning system
- Other equipment
- Information before driving your Toyota
- Starting and driving
- In case of an emergency
- Corrosion prevention and appearance care
- Vehicle maintenance and care
- Do-it-youself maintenance
- Reporting safety defects for U.S.
- Important information about this manual
- Important information about your Toyota
- Views of this text
- BODY PANEL REPLACEMENT
- Paint coating
- Body dimensions
- How to use this manual
- Body panel replacement
If your vehicle will not start
(a) Simple checks Before making these checks, make sure you have followed the correct starting procedure given in “How to start the engine” in Section 3 and that you have sufficient fuel. I ...
Reporting safety defects for U.S. owners
If you believe that your vehicle has a defect which could cause a crash or could cause injury or death, you should immediately inform the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in ...
Body panel under coating areas
HINT: 1) First wipe off any dirt, grease or oil with a rag soaked in silicone remover. 2) Cover the surrounding areas with masking paper to avoid coating unnecessary areas. If other areas are acc ...