Toyota Yaris: If you think something is wrong
If you notice any of the following symptoms, your vehicle probably needs adjustment or repair. Contact your Toyota dealer as soon as possible.
■ Visible symptoms
● Fluid leaks under the vehicle
(Water dripping from the air conditioning after use is normal.)
● Flat-looking tires or uneven tire wear
● High engine coolant temperature warning light flashes or comes on
● Low engine coolant temperature indicator comes on or does not come on continuously
■ Audible symptoms
● Changes in exhaust sound
● Excessive tire squeal when cornering
● Strange noises related to the suspension system
● Pinging or other noises related to the engine
■ Operational symptoms
● Engine misfire, stumbling or running roughly
● Appreciable loss of power
● Vehicle pulls heavily to one side when braking
● Vehicle pulls heavily to one side when driving on a level road
● Loss of brake effectiveness, spongy feeling, pedal almost touches the floor
Winter driving tips
Carry out the necessary preparations and inspections before driving the vehicle in winter. Always drive the vehicle in a manner appropriate to the prevailing weather conditions. ■ Pre-winte ...
Use a floor mat of the correct size. If the floor carpet and floor mat have two holes, then it is designed for use with a locking clip. Fix the floor mat with locking clip into the holes in the ...
How to start the engine
—Cranking hold function Once you turn the ignition key to “START” position and release it, the cranking hold function continues to crank the engine in “ON” position until it starts. Th ...