Toyota Yaris: If you think something is wrong
If you notice any of the following symptoms, your vehicle probably needs adjustment or repair. Contact your Toyota dealer as soon as possible.
■ Visible symptoms
● Fluid leaks under the vehicle
(Water dripping from the air conditioning after use is normal.)
● Flat-looking tires or uneven tire wear
● High engine coolant temperature warning light flashes or comes on
● Low engine coolant temperature indicator comes on or does not come on continuously
■ Audible symptoms
● Changes in exhaust sound
● Excessive tire squeal when cornering
● Strange noises related to the suspension system
● Pinging or other noises related to the engine
■ Operational symptoms
● Engine misfire, stumbling or running roughly
● Appreciable loss of power
● Vehicle pulls heavily to one side when braking
● Vehicle pulls heavily to one side when driving on a level road
● Loss of brake effectiveness, spongy feeling, pedal almost touches the floor
Parts and tools
Here is a list of parts and tools you will need to perform do-it-yourself maintenance. Remember all Toyota parts are designed in metric sizes, so your tools must be metric. CHECKING THE ENGINE OIL ...
Front body pillar (CUT): Sedan
REPLACEMENT With the cowl top side upper panel removed. REMOVAL INSTALLATION Temporarily install the new parts and measure each part of the new parts in accordance with the body dimension ...
Checking tire inflation pressure
Keep your tire inflation pressures at the proper level. The recommended cold tire inflation pressures, tire sizes and the combined weight of occupants and cargo (vehicle capacity weight). They ...