Toyota Yaris: General repair instructions
1. WORK PRECAUTIONS
(a) VEHICLE PROTECTION.
(1) When welding, protect the painted surfaces, windows, seats and carpet with heat resistant, fireproof covers.
(1) Never stand in a direct line with the chain when using a puller on the body or frame, and be sure to attach a safety cable.
(2) Before performing repair work, check for fuel leaks.
If a leak is found, be sure to close the opening completely.
(3) If it is necessary to use a flame in the area of the fuel tank, first remove the tank and plug the fuel line.
(c) SAFETY WORK CLOTHES.
(1) In addition to the usual mechanic’s wear, cap and safety shoes, the appropriate gloves, head protector, glasses, ear plugs, face protector, dust-prevention mask, etc. should be worn as the situation demands.
2. HANDLING PRECAUTIONS OF PLASTIC BODY PARTS
(1) The repair procedure for plastic body parts must conform with the type of plastic material.
(2) Plastic body parts are identified by the codes in the following table.
(3) When repairing metal body parts adjoining plastic body parts (by brazing, frame cutting, welding, painting etc.), consideration must be given to the properties of the plastic.
*Temperatures higher than those listed here may result in material deformation during repair.
3. LOCATION OF PLASTIC BODY PARTS
HINT: Resin material differs depending on model.
/ Made up of 2 or more kinds of materials.
The steering wheel can be adjusted to a comfortable position. Hold the steering wheel and push the lever down. Adjust to the ideal position by moving the steering wheel. After adjustment, pull ...
The seatbacks of the rear seats can be folded down. Stow the rear seat belt buckles as shown. Stow the seat belts. Center →P. 55 Outside Use the seat belt hangers to prevent the belts ...
Suspension and chassis
CAUTION. Do not modify the suspension/chassis with lift kits, spacers, springs, etc. It can cause dangerous vehicle handling characteristics, resulting in loss of control. ...