Toyota Yaris: General repair instructions
1. WORK PRECAUTIONS
(a) VEHICLE PROTECTION.
(1) When welding, protect the painted surfaces, windows, seats and carpet with heat resistant, fireproof covers.
(1) Never stand in a direct line with the chain when using a puller on the body or frame, and be sure to attach a safety cable.
(2) Before performing repair work, check for fuel leaks.
If a leak is found, be sure to close the opening completely.
(3) If it is necessary to use a flame in the area of the fuel tank, first remove the tank and plug the fuel line.
(c) SAFETY WORK CLOTHES.
(1) In addition to the usual mechanic’s wear, cap and safety shoes, the appropriate gloves, head protector, glasses, ear plugs, face protector, dust-prevention mask, etc. should be worn as the situation demands.
2. HANDLING PRECAUTIONS OF PLASTIC BODY PARTS
(1) The repair procedure for plastic body parts must conform with the type of plastic material.
(2) Plastic body parts are identified by the codes in the following table.
(3) When repairing metal body parts adjoining plastic body parts (by brazing, frame cutting, welding, painting etc.), consideration must be given to the properties of the plastic.
*Temperatures higher than those listed here may result in material deformation during repair.
3. LOCATION OF PLASTIC BODY PARTS
HINT: Resin material differs depending on model.
/ Made up of 2 or more kinds of materials.
Keys (with engine immobilizer system)
With wireless remote control Without wireless remote control Your vehicle is supplied with two kinds of keys. 1. Master keys (black) — These keys work in every lock. Your Toyota dealer ...
To open the hood: 1. Pull the hood lock release lever. The hood will spring up slightly. CAUTION. Before driving, be sure that the hood is closed and securely locked. Otherwise, the hood ma ...
Adhesive Application Area Work Procedure
NOTE. This vehicle has areas on the Quarter Panel and Quarter Wheel Housing Outer Panel that are joined together only with adhesive. It is necessary to conduct the correct repair procedures for h ...