Toyota Yaris: Replacing battery
For replacement, use a CR2016 lithium battery or equivalent and a flathead screwdriver or equivalent.
Special care should be taken to prevent small children from swallowing the removed battery or components.
When replacing the battery, be careful not to lose the components.
Replace only with the same or equivalent type recommended by a Toyota dealer.
Dispose of used batteries according to the local laws.
Replace the battery by following these procedures:
1. Open the cover using a flathead screwdriver wrapped with plastic tape.
2. Remove the module from the key case.
3. Remove the battery cover of the module.
Do not bend the terminals.
4. Remove the discharged battery and put in a new battery with positive (+) side up.
Make sure the positive side and negative side of the battery are faced correctly.
Do not replace the battery with wet hands. Water may cause unexpected rust.
Do not touch or move any components inside the transmitter, or it may interfere with proper operation.
Be careful not to bend the electrode when inserting the battery and that dust or oils do not adhere to the case.
Close the cover securely.
5. Install the battery cover of the module.
6. Install the module into the key case and secure the cover.
After replacing the battery, check that the key operates properly. If the key still does not operate properly, contact your Toyota dealer.
Activating panic modePushing the panic switch for 1 second blows the horn intermittently and flashes the headlights, tail lights and emergency flashers and turns on the interior light. The panic switch is used to d ...
Side doorsLOCKING AND UNLOCKING WITH KEY Insert the key into the keyhole and turn it. To lock: Turn the key forward. To unlock: Turn the key backward. Vehicles with the power door lock system —All t ...
Engine compartment overview
1. Windshield washer and rear window washer fluid tank. 2. Engine oil filler cap. 3. Fusible link block. 4. Brake fluid reservoir. 5. Fuse block. 6. Battery. 7. Radiator. 8. Condenser. 9. El ...
Cargo and luggage
Take notice of the following information about storage precautions, cargo capacity and load: ● Stow cargo and luggage in the luggage compartment whenever possible. ● Be sure all items ...
Handling precautions on related components
1. BRAKE SYSTEM The brake system is one of the most important safety components. Always follow the directions and notes given in the brake (32) section of the repair manual for the relevant model ...