Toyota Yaris: If your vehicle overheats
If your engine coolant temperature gauge indicates overheating, if you experience a loss of power, or if you hear a loud knocking or pinging noise, the engine has probably overheated. You should follow this procedure...
1. Pull safely off the road, stop the vehicle and turn on your emergency flashers. Put the transmission in “P” (automatic) or neutral (manual) and apply the parking brake. Turn off the air conditioning if it is being used.
2. If coolant or steam is boiling out of the radiator or reservoir, stop the engine.
Wait until the steam subsides before opening the hood. If there is no coolant boiling over or steam, leave the engine running and make sure the electric cooling fan is operating. If it is not, turn the ignition off.
To help avoid personal injury, keep the hood closed until there is no steam. Escaping steam or coolant is a sign of very high pressure.
3. Look for obvious coolant leaks from the radiator, hoses, and under the vehicle.
However, note that water draining from the air conditioning is normal if it has been used.
When the engine is running, keep hands and clothing away from the moving fan and engine drive belts.
4. If the coolant is leaking, stop the engine immediately. Call a Toyota dealer for assistance.
5. If there are no obvious leaks, check the coolant reservoir. If it is dry, add coolant to the reservoir while the engine is running. Fill it about half full.
For the coolant type see “Coolant type selection”.
Do not attempt to remove the radiator cap when the engine and radiator are hot. Serious injury could result from scalding hot fluid and steam blown out under pressure.
6. After the engine coolant temperature has cooled to normal, again check the coolant level in the reservoir. If necessary, bring it up to half full again. Serious coolant loss indicates a leak in the system. You should have it checked as soon as possible at your Toyota dealer.
To turn on the emergency flashers, push the switch. All the turn signal lights will flash. To turn them off, push the switch once again. Turn on the emergency flashers to warn other drivers if ...
Tire size and cold tire inflation pressure: Front and rear kPa (kgf/cm2 or bar, psi) Tire size Front Rear Wheel size P175/65R14 81S 220 (2.2, 32) 22 ...
Rear floor pan (ASSY)
REPLACEMENT With the body lower back panel and floor side rail front panel removed. REMOVAL INSTALLATION Temporarily install the new parts and measure each part of the new parts in accordanc ...