Toyota Yaris: If your vehicle overheats
If your engine coolant temperature gauge indicates overheating, if you experience a loss of power, or if you hear a loud knocking or pinging noise, the engine has probably overheated. You should follow this procedure...
1. Pull safely off the road, stop the vehicle and turn on your emergency flashers. Put the transmission in “P” (automatic) or neutral (manual) and apply the parking brake. Turn off the air conditioning if it is being used.
2. If coolant or steam is boiling out of the radiator or reservoir, stop the engine.
Wait until the steam subsides before opening the hood. If there is no coolant boiling over or steam, leave the engine running and make sure the electric cooling fan is operating. If it is not, turn the ignition off.
To help avoid personal injury, keep the hood closed until there is no steam. Escaping steam or coolant is a sign of very high pressure.
3. Look for obvious coolant leaks from the radiator, hoses, and under the vehicle.
However, note that water draining from the air conditioning is normal if it has been used.
When the engine is running, keep hands and clothing away from the moving fan and engine drive belts.
4. If the coolant is leaking, stop the engine immediately. Call a Toyota dealer for assistance.
5. If there are no obvious leaks, check the coolant reservoir. If it is dry, add coolant to the reservoir while the engine is running. Fill it about half full.
For the coolant type see “Coolant type selection”.
Do not attempt to remove the radiator cap when the engine and radiator are hot. Serious injury could result from scalding hot fluid and steam blown out under pressure.
6. After the engine coolant temperature has cooled to normal, again check the coolant level in the reservoir. If necessary, bring it up to half full again. Serious coolant loss indicates a leak in the system. You should have it checked as soon as possible at your Toyota dealer.
If you cannot increase engine speedIf engine speed does not increase when the accelerator pedal is depressed, there may be a problem somewhere in the electronic throttle control system. At this time, vibration may occur. However, if ...
If you have a flat tire1. Reduce your speed gradually, keeping a straight line. Move cautiously off the road to a safe place well away from the traffic. Avoid stopping on the center divider of a highway. Park on a level ...
Air conditioning filter
(on some models)— The air conditioning filter information label is placed inside of the glove box as shown and indicates that a filter has been installed. The air conditioning filter preve ...
Rear floor sidemember (CUT): Hatchback
REPLACEMENT With the body lower back panel removed. REMOVAL INSTALLATION Temporarily install the new parts and measure each part of the new parts in accordance with the body dimension diagra ...
Model: 1.5 L 4-cylinder (1NZ-FE). Type: 4 cylinder in line, 4 cycle, gasoline. Bore and stroke, mm (in.): 75.0 84.7 (2.95 3.33). Displacement, cm3 (cu. in.): 1496 (91.3). ...