Toyota Yaris: Body panel under coating areas
HINT: 1) First wipe off any dirt, grease or oil with a rag soaked in silicone remover.
2) Cover the surrounding areas with masking paper to avoid coating unnecessary areas. If other areas are accidently coated, wipe off the coating immediately.
3) Apply the first coating of undercoat to all welded areas and panel joints, then apply a second coat over the entire area.
4) Do not coat parts which become hot such as the tailpipe, and moving parts such as the propeller shaft.
5) Apply under coating to all weld points under the body to ensure corrosion prevention at every location except the areas below.
6) Be sure to seal the edge of the flange of the member and bracket with undercoating.
7) Be sure to repair the under coating as necessary if there are signs of damage such as cracking or peeling.
8) Apply sealer before applying the under coat for rust prevention.
Views of this text
Scope of the repair work explanation This text explains the welding panel replacement instructions from the vehicle’s white body condition. We have abbreviated the explanations of the removal an ...
Front passenger’s seat
Seat position adjustment lever Seatback angle adjustment lever Seatback lock release lever (3-door models only) Moving front passenger seat for rear seat entry (3-door models only) ■ Gett ...
Do-it-yourself service precautions
If you perform maintenance by yourself, be sure to follow the correct procedures as given in these sections. CAUTION The engine compartment contains many mechanisms and fluids that may move su ...