Toyota Yaris: Body panel under coating areas
HINT: 1) First wipe off any dirt, grease or oil with a rag soaked in silicone remover.
2) Cover the surrounding areas with masking paper to avoid coating unnecessary areas. If other areas are accidently coated, wipe off the coating immediately.
3) Apply the first coating of undercoat to all welded areas and panel joints, then apply a second coat over the entire area.
4) Do not coat parts which become hot such as the tailpipe, and moving parts such as the propeller shaft.
5) Apply under coating to all weld points under the body to ensure corrosion prevention at every location except the areas below.
6) Be sure to seal the edge of the flange of the member and bracket with undercoating.
7) Be sure to repair the under coating as necessary if there are signs of damage such as cracking or peeling.
8) Apply sealer before applying the under coat for rust prevention.
Suspension and chassis
CAUTION. Do not modify the suspension/chassis with lift kits, spacers, springs, etc. It can cause dangerous vehicle handling characteristics, resulting in loss of control. ...
Leak detection pump
This pump performs fuel evaporation leakage check. This check is done approximately five hours after the engine is turned off. So you may hear sound coming from underneath the luggage compartment ...
Checking the engine coolant level
Look at the see-through coolant reservoir when the engine is cold. The coolant level is satisfactory if it is between the “FULL” and “LOW” lines on the reservoir. If the level is low, add ...