Toyota Yaris: Event data recorder
Your vehicle has computers that monitor and control certain aspects of your vehicle. These computers assist in driving and maintaining optimal vehicle performance.
Besides storing data useful for troubleshooting, there is a system to record data in a crash or a near car crash event. This is called an Event Data Recorder (EDR).
The SRS airbag sensor assembly contains the EDR. In a crash or a near car crash event, this device may record some or all of the following information: - Engine speed.
- Whether the brake pedal was applied or not.
- Vehicle speed.
- To what extent the accelerator pedal was depressed.
- Position of the transmission selector lever.
- Whether the driver and front passenger wore the seat belts or not.
- Driver’s seat position.
- Front passenger’s occupant classification.
- SRS airbag deployment data.
- SRS airbag system diagnostic data.
The information above is intended to be used for the purpose of improving vehicle safety performance. Unlike general data recorders, the EDR does not record sound data such as conversation between passengers.
Toyota will not disclose the data recorded in an EDR to a third party except when: - An agreement from the vehicle’s owner (or the leasing company for a leased vehicle) is obtained.
- Officially requested by the police or other authorities.
- Used as a defense for Toyota in a law suit.
- Ordered by the court.
However, if necessary Toyota will: - Use the data for research on Toyota vehicle safety performance.
- Disclose the data to a third party for research purposes without disclosing details of the vehicle owner, and only when it is deemed necessary.
- Disclose summarized data cleared of vehicle identification information to a non-Toyota organization for research purposes.
Head restraints are provided for all seats. Up Pull the head restraint up. Down Push the head restraint down while pushing the lock release button. ■Removing the head restraints Front a ...
Gauges and meters
Vehicles without a tachometer Speedometer' Displays the vehicle speed Outside temperature display →P. 211 Fuel gauge Displays the quantity of fuel remaining in the tank Display ...
Dinghy towing (vehicles with an automatic transmission)
Your vehicle is not designed to be dinghy towed (with 4 wheels on the ground) behind a motor home. NOTICE To avoid serious damage to your vehicle Do not tow your vehicle with the four wheels on ...