Toyota Yaris: Event data recorder
Your vehicle has computers that monitor and control certain aspects of your vehicle. These computers assist in driving and maintaining optimal vehicle performance.
Besides storing data useful for troubleshooting, there is a system to record data in a crash or a near car crash event. This is called an Event Data Recorder (EDR).
The SRS airbag sensor assembly contains the EDR. In a crash or a near car crash event, this device may record some or all of the following information: - Engine speed.
- Whether the brake pedal was applied or not.
- Vehicle speed.
- To what extent the accelerator pedal was depressed.
- Position of the transmission selector lever.
- Whether the driver and front passenger wore the seat belts or not.
- Driver’s seat position.
- Front passenger’s occupant classification.
- SRS airbag deployment data.
- SRS airbag system diagnostic data.
The information above is intended to be used for the purpose of improving vehicle safety performance. Unlike general data recorders, the EDR does not record sound data such as conversation between passengers.
Toyota will not disclose the data recorded in an EDR to a third party except when: - An agreement from the vehicle’s owner (or the leasing company for a leased vehicle) is obtained.
- Officially requested by the police or other authorities.
- Used as a defense for Toyota in a law suit.
- Ordered by the court.
However, if necessary Toyota will: - Use the data for research on Toyota vehicle safety performance.
- Disclose the data to a third party for research purposes without disclosing details of the vehicle owner, and only when it is deemed necessary.
- Disclose summarized data cleared of vehicle identification information to a non-Toyota organization for research purposes.
Types of tires
Determine what kind of tires your vehicle is originally equipped with. 1. Summer tires Summer tires are high-speed capability tires best suited to highway driving under dry conditions. Since ...
Rear floor side panel extension (ASSY): Hatchback
REPLACEMENT With the quarter panel and body lower back panel removed. REMOVAL INSTALLATION Temporarily install the new parts and measure each part of the new parts in accord ...
Using the AUX port/USB port
This port can be used to connect a portable audio device and listen to it through the vehicle’s speakers. For more information, please refer to the “Toyota Audio System Owner’s Manual” or ...