Toyota Yaris: Second generation (XP90; 2005–2010)
Toyota redesigned the Yaris in early 2005, going on sale in Japan that February. The Toyota Belta sedan, shares underpinnings with the Yaris. However, while the Vitz was designed at Toyota's European ED design studios, the Belta was designed at their Japanese design studios. While the outgoing Vitz hatchback and Platz sedan look and feel virtually alike, the redesigned Vitz and Belta are more subtly related. The two cars share a frame and the drivetrain components however the sheet metal is different.
- Overview of instruments and controls
- Keys and Doors
- Occupant restraint systems
- Steering wheel and Mirrors
- Lights, Wipers and Defogger
- Gauges, Meters and Service reminder indicators
- Ignition switch, Transmission and Parking brake
- Audio system
- Air conditioning system
- Other equipment
- Information before driving your Toyota
- Starting and driving
- In case of an emergency
- Corrosion prevention and appearance care
- Vehicle maintenance and care
- Do-it-youself maintenance
- Reporting safety defects for U.S.
- Important information about this manual
- Important information about your Toyota
- Views of this text
- BODY PANEL REPLACEMENT
- Paint coating
- Body dimensions
- How to use this manual
- Body panel replacement
Engine (ignition) switch
■ Starting the engine Vehicles with an automatic transmission Check that the parking brake is set. Check that the shift lever is set in P. Firmly depress the brake pedal. Turn the ...
Theft prevention labels (except Canada)
These labels are attached to the vehicle to reduce vehicle theft by facilitating the tracing and recovery of parts from stolen vehicles. Do not remove under penalty of law. ...
Windshield wipers and washer
To turn on the windshield wipers, move the lever to the desired setting. The key must be in the “ON” position. Lever position Speed setting Position 1 Intermitt ...