Toyota Yaris: Event data recorder
Your vehicle has computers that monitor and control certain aspects of your vehicle. These computers assist in driving and maintaining optimal vehicle performance.
Besides storing data useful for troubleshooting, there is a system to record data in a crash or a near car crash event. This is called an Event Data Recorder (EDR).
The SRS airbag sensor assembly contains the EDR. In a crash or a near car crash event, this device may record some or all of the following information: - Engine speed.
- Whether the brake pedal was applied or not.
- Vehicle speed.
- To what extent the accelerator pedal was depressed.
- Position of the transmission selector lever.
- Whether the driver and front passenger wore the seat belts or not.
- Driver’s seat position.
- Front passenger’s occupant classification.
- SRS airbag deployment data.
- SRS airbag system diagnostic data.
The information above is intended to be used for the purpose of improving vehicle safety performance. Unlike general data recorders, the EDR does not record sound data such as conversation between passengers.
Toyota will not disclose the data recorded in an EDR to a third party except when: - An agreement from the vehicle’s owner (or the leasing company for a leased vehicle) is obtained.
- Officially requested by the police or other authorities.
- Used as a defense for Toyota in a law suit.
- Ordered by the court.
However, if necessary Toyota will: - Use the data for research on Toyota vehicle safety performance.
- Disclose the data to a third party for research purposes without disclosing details of the vehicle owner, and only when it is deemed necessary.
- Disclose summarized data cleared of vehicle identification information to a non-Toyota organization for research purposes.
Fuel pump shut off system
To minimize the risk of fuel leakage when the engine stalls or when an airbag inflates upon collision, the fuel pump shut off system stops the supply of fuel to the engine. Follow the procedure b ...
Installing snow tires and chains
WHEN TO USE SNOW TIRES OR CHAINS Snow tires or chains are recommended when driving on snow or ice. On wet or dry roads, conventional tires provide better traction than snow tires. SNOW TIRE SEL ...
Engine compartment overview
1. Windshield washer and rear window washer fluid tank. 2. Engine oil filler cap. 3. Fusible link block. 4. Brake fluid reservoir. 5. Fuse block. 6. Battery. 7. Radiator. 8. Condenser. 9. El ...